May 16, 2006

Just for the record

The Da Vinci Code is fiction.

Now, I'm not saying this as in, "Dearest Lord, please smite Dan Brown that he may be smitten with the foulest of plagues, boils, and bowel discomfort that You smote upon him." No, I'm saying this in that Dan Brown wrote a novel, not a gospel; a story, not a religion. And yet there are people that are deadset against the movie. See, when I was young, I was taught to seperate fiction from non-fiction. So, now I can happily read fantasy novel without thinking that I might have magical powers and/or can fly. Not that I haven't tried....

In other news, David Blaine (of the "Here's a good idea -- I'll stick myself in a snow-globe for a week, then take myself out only to get shackled back inside and almost die" fame) has announced his newest trick. He's going to live in the wilderness alone. I'm not making this up. Quoting, "I'm planning to live harmoniously among wild beasts. And I'd like to do it alone in the jungle." Alone? With no one holding cameras or paying attention to you or forcing us to feign any care about you whatsoever? THAT would indeed be magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home