December 03, 2005

I'm being hoggish.

I've started another blog.

I wanted to keep my political blogs away from here in an effort to keep this light and happy. Also, I'd like to use it kind of as a forum for moderate political discussion, and to show that you can have passionate feelings with a moderate viewpoint. So much political discourse focuses on the ideas of radicals, and it seems like the moderate population rarely gets represented (in the words of Jon Stewart, "Meh, we've got shit to do.").

As a tease, I'll even let you know what my first topic is. Congress has decided that it needs to investigate the merits of the BCS, calling it a "flawed system", based mostly on complaints raised by the media and anyone with a message board membership or blog. The flawed system argument holds no water for me -- in the seven years it's been in practice, it's matched the two top teams in the country five times, and looks good to make it six for eight. That's a 75% success rate, which is twice as good as a certain approval rating I can think (and the Bush in my mind isn't Reggie).

So there you go. I'm a blog hog, but hopefully it will keep this blog fresh with interesting topics and encourage me to speak my political views more often. After all, it's not like I have anything to do these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home