June 09, 2006

In addition, I can speak whale.

Had a breakthrough in training yesterday -- I completed 100m continuous endurance swim for the first time! Yes, it's only 20% of what I'll be required to do in the "race" (in quotes because there's no way I feel that I'll be competitive), but's a great start and a big step to getting to the 300m I'd like to be at by next week.

The other nice thing was I could feel a wall come down as I was around 90m. I think had I pushed myself, I might have been able to 150. It sounds a lot like what Meagan says about running on the track; once you get past the few laps, it gets easier because you just keep running. So from here out, I'm going to do my best to focus and just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

In other news, I have the greatest wife in the entire planet. Lovely Meagan and I will, in fact, be watching WWE's (formerly WWF) The Great American Bash PPV live in Indianapolis next month. Not only will we be in Conseco Fieldhouse for the event, but we were able to score FLOOR SEATS!! We might even go the whole nine yards make a sign, who knows? It's going to be a tremendous experience, not only from the getting to see some bigtime wrestlers live (I'm guessing that Undertaker, Bobby Lashley and Bautista and possibly Rey Mysterio will be in action), but the mass of what I'm guessing will be less-than-classy humanity that will be surrounding us throughout the night. It should be a lot of fun, and we'll be watching Smackdown! each Friday night with baited breath to see just what's in store for us on July 23.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Bridgette said...

They are giving away tix on the Smiley show. I used to be a HUGE Rock fan, but now that he's a movie star, I'm not into it anymore....maybe I was just into him. :)

What tri are you planning on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home